So, if you know me at all, you know that cleanliness is NOT my forte. I am not in the slightest, an organized person. I love things to be clean, I just am not good at it, and I hate to do it. Lately though, I think I have become a housewife. (oh how I love being a teacher, and having the summer off!! :)) The past week I have gone through all of my clothes and got rid of the ones I haven’t worn in a couple of years. (I always think I am going to wear those things, and it never happens) I also went through Jared’s. I totally reorganized my kitchen. Do you have lids to tupperware you don’t have? How exactly does this happen? That is what I want to know. I have also, mowed the grass, cut down a big limb on one of our trees, and got rid of tons of weeds we had growing. (some of those “weeds” were small trees starting to grow) Not to mention cleaning out our spare room, that was holding a lot of junk. Also, just my regular duties like laundry and cook dinner. Seriously today, I am exhausted. Whoever said being a housewife isn’t a job, is CRAZY!
So, a quick funny story. We had new guttering put on our carport today. They started early and finished very quickly. I was very impressed. Anyway, when they were done the guy rang the doorbell. I answered the door, and he said to me, “are your parents home?” I probably gave him a look like, what are you talking about? But, I very nicely answered that I was the homeowner. He then apologized. Then, I really felt bad for giving him a look. So, I told him it was alright, but you could tell he felt really bad. But, seriously. I know that I’m young, but I didn’t think I looked like I couldn’t live on my own without my parents. So, my question to you is….How old do I look?
P.S. Jared thinks that this is hilarious! 🙂
This weekend Jared’s old college roomate Carl got married, and he was an usher. So, we went to Springfield on Friday night for the rehearsal. We ate at this amazing restaurant, and I had the best glass of wine I have ever tasted. Then that night we went to stay with my brother in law and sister in law, they live about 20 minutes away from Springfield. Anyway, so as we were driving to their house, I look in the back seat and guess what? I forgot my dress that I was going to wear to the wedding. I was totally freaking out. So, we (I) decided that I would have to get up and go shop for a dress in the morning, which I was not looking forward to. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to shop, but I HATE dress shopping. (with a burning passion) We then get to Brian and Kate’s house and we hang out with them. Then in the morning we get up, and they had fixed us an amazing breakfast. I honestly felt guilty, because if they came to my house, I would have fixed them a bowl of cereal and called it a day. After breakfast, I got ready because I had to go buy a stupid dress. So, as Jared helped Brian with the yard, Kate and I went to JCPenney’s. When we got there I realized my selection of dresses were going to be very few. So, we started looking, and I found a cute black dress and I picked it up, looked it over, then looked at the price tag…it was $90. Not quite what I was looking for. So, I picked up another dress…it was alright. But, beggers can’t be chosers so I tried it on. Guess what? It was a winner!!! It was so much cuter on than it looked on the hanger. It was on clearance for 19.99, so I was pumped. I get up to the counter and the checker rang me out. She said your total is $12.34. What?!? This was my lucky day. We get back to their house and get ready, go to the wedding, and it was very nice. Weddings always make me cry, and when I say always I mean it. If I watch a wedding on tv I cry. It is ridiculous. That is why I bawled hysterically at my own. Anyway, this weekend ended up to be great. We got to hang out with Jared’s brother and wife, and got to see 2 great people get married! 🙂
So, I have read on a few blogs about Thankful Thursdays and I absolutely LOVE it! I think that it is nice to think about what you are thankful for, even if it is something silly. So, here are the 5 things that I am thankful for this week.
1. Jared-Well duh, you must think. But, seriously how often do I take him for granted? Let’s try everyday. First, he puts up with me. Me and my disorganized and cluttered ways. I know it drives him completely crazy! He just comes around and makes my life organized and I love him for that! Did I mention he is really good at it too! Also, he makes me laugh. No matter what kind of day I have had, he makes me laugh at least once. (no matter if he is trying to or not) Lastly, and the most important….HE LOVES ME. Somehow with all of my faults, and crazy emotions, he does. Man, I am one lucky girl!!
2. My house- Sure it is a little old and it has its areas of much needed improvement. (I won’t get started on that) But, it keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. And, I have all of the fixins’ to go in it. What else do you really need?
3. Girlfriends- It is so nice to have a great friends. I love that I have known them practically all my life. They seriously know everything about me, and love me anyway. It is nice that we can all get away from our men (even though we love them very much), and go out and have fun together, and just be girls!
4. Momma-I love my mom! No seriously, I LOVE HER! She is one of my best friends. I mean most of the time girls can’t stand their moms, but I live down the street from mine. 🙂 Enough said.
5. Mexican food- I know this is a silly one. Jared and I just went out with Ashly and Will and ate at El Mezcal. Yummy! There is not one thing about Mexican food that I don’t like. It is delicious.
So, I have decided to start blogging. (obviously) My goal is to blog once a week. We will see if that actually happens. I highly doubt it. 🙂 Anyway, so I have decided that blogging is cheap therapy. It is actually nice to relive my day, or write down how I am feeling. I think it keeps my temper and emotions under control. I am sure Jared will be appreciative 🙂 Wish me luck.